100g Dried figs cut up
250g white bread flour
150g whole meal flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp of honey
1. Preheat the oven to 200’C
2. Mix together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar and figs.
3. Beat together the milk and 1 whole egg and one egg yolk
4. Add the milk and egg mixture into the flour and mix thoroughly.
5. Add the water slowly while beating until a dough sticks together.
6. Flour a board and work the dough only enough to form a bread shape
7. Slash the bread and use the remaining egg white and honey to glaze the dough before baking for 20-30 minutes or until hollow sounding when tapped.
8. Remove once cooked and let cool for 20 minutes or so before serving.