Recipe from allrecipes
Prep:30min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hr rising › Ready in:1hr40min
Makes: 12 Large Pretzels
15g active dry yeast
5g caster sugar
300ml finger-warm water
630g strong bread flour
100g caster sugar
15ml vegetable oil
50g bicarbonate of soda
450ml hot water (hand hot)
cinnamon and caster sugar mixed, as needed
pure cane sugar syrup, as needed
1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and 5g sugar in 300ml warm water. Let stand until frothy, approx 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, 100g sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center; add the oil and yeast mixture.
2. Mix and form into a dough. If the mixture is dry, add just a few drops of water. If it is wet sprinkle in some extra flour. Knead the dough until smooth, about 6 minutes.
3. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl cover in cling film and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven 220 C / Gas 7. In a large bowl, dissolve bicarb soda in 450ml hot water.
5. When risen, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope and twist into a pretzel shape.
6. Once all of the dough is all shaped, dip each pretzel into the bicarb of soda solution and place on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned.
8. Remove from oven and brush pretzel with sugar syrup until coated on top. Then place the sugar/cinnamon mix on a plate and dip the pretzel until coated.
Eat and enjoy!